DR. SHAJI GEORGE KOCHUTHARA
Name Shaji George
Date of Birth 01 January 1967
Postal Address Dharmaram College, Bangalore 560029, India
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelor of Philosophy 1987-1989
Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, Bangalore (First Class with Distinction)
Bachelor of Arts (English Literature) 1990-1993
M.S. University, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu (First Class)
Bachelor of Theology 1993-1996
Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, Bangalore (First Class with Distinction and with First Rank)
Licentiate in Moral Theology 1998-2000
Gregorian University, Rome (Summa cum Laude; Thesis: “Formation of Conscience: A Study with Special Emphasis on Self-Development and Conscientization”)
Gregorian University (Summa cum Laude; Dissertation: The Concept of Sexual Pleasure in the Catholic Moral Tradition)
2001-2006 Guest Lecturer in the Faculty of Theology, Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, Bangalore
2006 - Lecturer in the Faculty of Theology, Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram, Bangalore.
Fundamental Moral Theology
Moral Theology of Sexuality and Marriage
HIV/AIDS and Moral Challenges
The Theology of Marriage and Sexuality in the Recent Teachings of the Church
Theology of Sexuality
A Critical Evaluation of Contemporary Theologians
History of Moral Theology
Theology of Conjugal Sexuality
Sexuality, Celibacy and Intimacy
Homosexuality, Contraception and Masturbation: Contemporary Theological Approaches
1. Edited: Vivahasandesangal (Malayalam: Theology of Marriage and Homilies for the Liturgical Celebration of Marriage), ed. Shaji Kochuthara, Ernakulam: St. Pauls, 2004.
2. Shaji George Kochuthara, The Concept of Sexual Pleasure in the Catholic Moral Tradition, Roma: Editrice Pontificia Università Gregoriana, 2007.
3. Co-edited: John Britto Chethimattam: A Pioneer of Indian Christian Theology, eds. Kuncheria Pathil and Shaji George Kochuthara, Bangalore: Dharmaram Publications, 2007.
1. Shaji George Kochuthara, “Conjugal Sexual Pleasure: Contemporary Theological Perspectives,” Ephrem’s Theological Journal 13 (2009), 44-71.
2. Shaji George Kochuthara, “Kama without Dharma? Understanding the Ethics of Pleasure in Kamasutra,” Journal of Dharma 34 (2009), 69-95.
3. Shaji George Kochuthara, “Experience of the Divine: Symbolism of the Sensual and the Spiritual,” in New Horizons of Indian Christian Living, ed. Saju Chackalackal, Bengaluru: Vidyavanam Publications, 2009, 855-884.
Current Research Interests:
Ethics of Sexuality and Marriage
History of Moral Theology
Formation of Conscience
Ethics in Politics
Scripture and Moral Theology
Visiting Scholar at Institutes:
Vidyadeep (CRI Institute), Bangalore, India