PROF. DR. FRANCIS ASSISI THONIPPARA
Name Francis Assisi
Date of birth November 7, 1953
Postal Address Dharmaram College, Bangalore 560029, India
Email Address email@example.com
(Church History, Gregorian, Rome)
Diploma in Archival Science YEAR
Lecturer in Theology June 1995
Assistant Professor June 1997
Professor June 2007
St. Thomas Christians of India: A Period of Struggle for Unity and Self Rule (1775-1787), Place of Publication: Publisher, Year.
Articles: [page numbers are to be provided for the articles]
1. “Liturgy of the Hours and Spiritual Life” (Malayalam), Samarpitha (1998 March).
2. “Spiritual Combat” (Malayalam), Samarpita (1999 March).
3. “The Last Persian Metropolitan of St. Thomas Christians,” Indian Church History Review, (1999 June).
4. “Thomas Premmakkal: His Life and Activities,” Indian Church History Review (2000 December).
5. “The Catholic Community in India,” Yesu Kristu Jayanti 2000-National Celebration Souvenir.
6. “Veneration of the Cross among the St. Thomas Christians” in The Folly of the Cross, ed. Paulachan Kochappilly, Bangalore: Dharmaram Publications, 1999.
7. “St Thomas Christians: The First Indigenous Church of India” in Christian in India, ed. Roger E. Hedlund, Delhi: Publisher, 2000.
8. “Synod of Diamper: Ecclesiastical Discipline for St Thomas Christians” in The Synod of Diamper: Its Impact on the Church in India, ed. George Thanchan, (to be published.)
9. “Christianity: A Survey of Development in the Second Millennium,” Journal of Dharma, (2001 September-December).
10. “Christian Concept of History,” Jeevadhara (2002 September).
11. “Pastoral Care of the Migrant Syro-Malabar Catholics,” Journal of St Thomas Christians, (October-2002 March 2003, Jubilee issue).
12. “Syro-Malabar Church History,” (Malayalam, series), Karmalakusumam.
13. “St. Thomas Christians and Dalit Questions,” Kerala Spectrum, ed. Charles Dias, 2006.
14. “CMI Congregation and Malabar Migration,” Kudiyettathinte Ithihasam (Malayalam), Tellicherry Archdiocese Golden Jubilee souvenir, 2005.
15. “Malayali Migration to Bangalore,” Migration in South India, ed. K. S. Mathew, Delhi: Publisher, 2005.
Current Research Interests:
Visiting Scholar at Institutes: