DR. JOY PHILIP KAKKANATTU
Name Joy Philip
Date of Birth 01 March 1964
Postal Address Dharmaram College, Bangalore 560029, India
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelor of Philosophy 1986
Bachelors degree in Chemistry 1989
Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
Bachelor of Theology 1993
Licentiate in Sacred Scripture 2001
Pontifical Biblical Institute, Rome
Doctorate in Theology with specialisation in Biblical Theology 2005
Pontifical Gregorian University, Rome
Associate Professor of Theology at Dharmaram Kshetram, Bangalore 2005
1. Introduction to Prophetic Literature
2. Theology of the Book of Psalms
3. Introduction to the OT Wisdom Literature
4. Exegetical Analysis of Selected Psalms
5. Transforming Experience of Prayer in the Bible
6. Biblical Hebrew
God’s Enduring Love in the Book of Hosea, Forschungen zum Alten Testament 2. Reihe 14, Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2006.
1. “‘Happy (ashre) Are Those…’: A Study on Happiness in the Psalms,” Christian Orient 21, 3 (1999), 116-126.
2. “Anawim: The Prophets in Defence of the Poor in the Old Testament,” Third Millennium 9, 1 (2006), 17-28.
3. “Antisemitism and Pertsecution of the Jews,” Jeevadhara 36 (2006), 272-284.
4. “Amos Prevachakante Vilium Velluviliyum” (Malayalam), Jeevadhara (2008), 108-115.
5. “’The Lion Roars; Who Cannot but Listen’: The Dynamics of the Word of God in the Life and Ministry of Amos” in Dynamism of the Word of God and Biblical Personalities, ed. S. Mullooparambil, 93-112, Bangalore: Dharmaram Publications, 2009.
6. “Littleness and Lowliness as a Channel of God’s Grace: A Biblical Perspective” in New Horizons of Indian Christian Living, ed. Saju Chackalackal, 205-216, Bangaluru: Vidyavanam Publications, 2009.
Current Research Interests:
Biblical Studies, with Special Emphasis on Old Testament
Visiting Scholar at Institutes:
Faculty of Theology, JDV, Pune